Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Mother" John Lennon



In July 1946, an event occurred that would emotionally scar John Lennon for life.

In a ludicrous attempt to throw their responsibility as parents onto their young son, Julia and Freddie left it up to John to decide which one of them he would stay with.

The terrified, sobbing child first chose his father, but upon seeing his mother walk out of the door and down the street, he quickly changed his mind and ran after her. . . . . . . . .


When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream.
John Lennon




Mother, you had me but I never had you
I wanted you but you didn't want me

So I got to tell you
Goodbye goodbye

Father, you left me but
I never left you
I needed you but you didn't need me

So I just got to tell you
Goodbye goodbye

Children, don't do what I have done
I couldn't walk and I tried to run

So I got to tell you
Goodbye goodbye

Mama don't go
Daddy come home

The song by John Lennon

2 comments:

~Cheryl said...

I didn't know that about J Lennon. Really pulls at the ole heart strings!

Riette said...

Yes, isn't it true . .. I didn't know it either until I've done some reading . . .thanx for visiting

Post a Comment