Saturday, October 30, 2010

The analytical lover


The analytical lover


This screen
that separates us,
what does it consist of?

How does it prevent me
from taking in your words
and fit them in my mouth?

How does it stop me
from holding the joyous surges
of your body
in my own?

This screen
that separates us,
how does it work its division?

How does it catch your thoughts
and strain through to me
so little of what you think?

I see you move
behind the screen,
and I yearn
to put my hand in yours.

I hear the cadence of your voice,
the timbre of your words,
the lilt of your speech;
but most of you
is screened out.

De Waal Venter

1 comment:

EG CameraGirl said...

Well written! Yes, we are indeed separated and, for the most part, each of us reveals only the parts we want to reveal. :) But that would be true if we met face to face too, at least at first.

Post a Comment